Записи с меткой Fruit Monsters
Halloween is a great time for parties and trick-or-treat activities for children and grown-ups, too. No matter how extravagant your Halloween affair may be there are plenty of easy food and decoration ideas, using a lot of things you may already have around the house.
Why don’t try non-sugared healthy Halloween treats instead of candy this year! Of course, you’ll have much fun when you go trick-or treating but not so much fun for your body.
These cute little Fruit Monsters are not only adorable but also might be a healthy snack option for your Halloween Party. The kids always get a huge kick out of them. The benefit of fruit Halloween treats is obvious!
To carve Fruit Monsters you need:
- 4 – 5 green or red apples
- a jar of nut butter
- some strawberries
- sunflower seeds
- Cut your apples in quarters avoiding the core, and then carefully carve the mouth out with a knife. You should be able to make about four of these guys per apple. Spray or rub them with lemon juice if you’d like to prevent them from browning.
- Spread peanut or almond butter on the inside of the “mouths”, mostly on the bottom where the strawberry tongues will be.
- Use sunflower seeds for the teeth. Gently push them into the flesh of the apples.
- Cut several strawberries length wise into little slivers to use them as tongues. Depending on the size of your strawberries you should get about 2 – 4 “tongues” each. Place your strawberry tongues inside the mouths, using the peanut butter as glue.
- Now here’s the best part! Use a little bit of your nut butter to glue on candy eyes. You can also cut mini marshmallows in half, and use a black food marker to make them look like eyes.
non-sugared treats [nɒnˈʃʊɡəd triːts] – угощения без сахара
instead of [ɪnˈsted əv] – вместо
adorable [əˈdɔːrəbəl] – прелестный
to get a huge kick out of smth – получать огромное удовольствие от чего-либо
benefit [ˈbenɪfɪt] – преимуществo
quarter [ˈkwɔːtə] – четвертая часть
core [kɔː] – сердцевина яблока
to carve [kɑːv] – вырезать
to rub – натирать
to prevent [prɪˈvent] – предотвращать
mouth [maʊθ] – рот
tongue [tʌŋ] – язык
bottom – нижняя часть, дно
sunflower seeds – семечки
almond butter [ˈɑːmənd] – масло из миндальных орехов
peanut butter [ˈpiːnʌt] – арахисовое масло
marshmallow [ˌmɑːʃˈmæləʊ] – зефир
flesh – мякоть
sliver [ˈslɪvə] – кусочек, осколок
glue [ɡluː] – клей
Wickedly Good Desserts
I’m positively batty for these wickedly good desserts for a pumpkin-filled Halloween. They are ready to spook and delight your trick-or-treaters and guests.
- Get a pumpkin and draw eyes, a nose and a mouth with a black marker. To make it look funny, pin a beautiful bow in Halloween colours: orange, black or purple.
- Peel and cut into half some bananas. Add peanut butter to make their eyes and mouths. That’s it! Your ghostly bananas are ready!
- And how do you find this sweet persimmon bugaboo in a straw hat? It looks as if it fell in love with these two pumpkin like tangerines.
- Add some green parsley to freshen your treat.
- Enjoy your desserts!
batty – сумасшедший
wickedly good = extremely good – потрясающе
to spook – пугать
to delight [dɪˈlaɪt] – радовать, восторгаться
to peel – снимать кожуру, чистить
persimmon [pəˈsɪm.ən] – хурма
bugaboo – парень, чучело
straw hat – соломенная шляпа
tangerine [ˌtændʒərˈiːn] – мандарин
Shadows of a thousand years
Rise again unseen.
Voices whisper in the trees
“Tonight is Halloween!”